Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wimbledon, not quite yet

 Max is a 7 year old sketcher and tennis player, so at the end of our lessons he sketches and writes what he learned.  One of his service attempts, this actual pose happened, unplanned.  I had to sketch this one, too funny.

Over this past windy weekend Sporthaus Northwest Sweetspot Tournament was held.  For over 25 years my husband and I have created and directed a "tennis flash mob" over this tournament weekend at Kamiakin High School and previously Kennewick High School.  Hey, I was the tournament  director, only had time to sketch one participant's grandparent and their shitzu. Initially, I sketched with pencil followed by micron .05 pen then Art Bars.
Patti Kirch

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you are capturing people very well. That little guy on top is fantastic! Nice capture of him in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you once again Jim, as a USPTA tennis professional, daily I see tennis fences and critique human movement. The lines were my attempt at the tossed ball path and the racquet swing path.
    Everything is so tough to sketch including racquets. Like tennis, I have to keep practicing!
    Patti Kirch

    ReplyDelete